The Engineering Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient process design, installation, commissioning, maintenance and decommissioning of all processes, and utilities under the control of the Bramble Island site of EPC-UK.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient design, procurement, installation and maintenance activities within the Bramble Island site.
- Ensuring that all engineering operations are carried out in accordance with safe working systems.
- Implementation of the Major Accident Prevention Policy and the Process Safety Management Policy.
- Assistance in the identification and assessment of major accident hazards on the Bramble Island site, as well as the identification and implementation of mitigating measures as appropriate.
- Management of the process safety management system on a day to day basis, including maintenance of the required procedures.
- Delivery of training including competence assessment to achieve the aims of the MAPP.
- Auditing the process safety management system in accordance with the schedule
- Participate in the periodic review of the process safety management system.
- Responsible for management of PIRANA and the planned, preventative and routine maintenance duties, including breakdowns.
- Budgetary and stock control for area of responsibility
- CAPEX control for site projects
- Management of the Permit to Work System at Bramble Island
- Management of the site contractors and validation that they are competent to conduct the work required at Bramble Island
- Liaising among different departments e.g. Managers, Suppliers, etc.
- Working with Managers and Supervisors to implement Company’s policies and goals.
- Ensuring Health and Safety as well as Environmental regulations are compiled with
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the General Manager Bramble Island or member of the Senior Management Team
- To participate in the continuous improvements of site systems and installations
- Operate a planned maintenance system and assist with roll out of system across other areas
- To facilitate and implement installations, fabrication and modifications of the plant
- Providing maintenance advice to other EPC Groupe companies as requested
- To participate in an out of hours service / call out as required
- Carry out Performance Appraisals as direct reports
- Fulfil role as Site Controller when required
Qualifications / Experience:
Either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification at BEng level or above, or alternatively an Incorporated or Chartered Engineer as registered with the Engineering Council.
- Management of plant design, procurement, installation, commissioning, maintenance, defect rectification and de-commissioning of equipment within chemical facilities
- Sufficient management experience in a multi-skilled engineering position
- Development of and / or experience in utilising planned maintenance software for asset integrity management
- Development of and implementation of maintenance operating procedures
- Operating a Permit to Work system with tag-out / lock-out usage in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Extensive mechanical or electrical experience and knowledge gained in a hands-on role
- Effective approach to the management of projects, improvements, calibrations, contractors and sub-contractors, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding of statutory obligations and maintenance of records
- Design and delivery of training of engineers
- Preparation of and management of maintenance budgets in line with expenditure requirements
- Be able to provide and follow instructions, work within a team and work on own initiative
Knowledge and experience working with chemical processes would be an advantage in particular operating a COMAH regulated facility.
To apply in the strictest confidence, please contact Julie Wootton, Head of Human Resources, EPC United Kingdom Plc, Venture Crescent, Alfreton, Derbyshire, DE55 7RA or via email Julie.Wootton@epc-groupe.co.uk
Closing Date: 14 February 2020